View Single Post
Old August 16th 16, 14:35   #69
Springer
Ambassador

Re: Has There Been Any News Re. The New B5 ~2016+~ Theatrical Movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple F View Post

So in jms’s own explanation – like the article - he points out he ignored the notes on the FIRST FIVE scripts, and wrote what he wanted. He then did a few with notes - then ignored them again for the final TWO SCRIPTS……

So just to be clear about where I’m coming from, so to speak. jms had STARTED Crusade, ie the first five scripts, with the decision that he was going to ignore the notes from the studio. He only returned to the “Fuck em” attitude towards the end. Regardless of what he just typed.
Or, he wrote the first five scripts the same way he'd written B5 where he wasn't getting notes, and he thought that would be ok. Then having seen those scripts, TNT started interfering, requesting changes in the scripts that followed. JMS accepted some of them (like the new uniforms) and refused to implement others - we know which ones and why. Then for the final two when he'd had enough, that was when he decided to "fuck em" as you and he so colourfully say, and go back to his B5 style of writing what he wanted.

Never mind the point that he couldn't have had notes from TNT on the first five episodes before he'd even written them.

Trying to be objective about this, it seems to me that's what he's saying. I don't see where he's saying he went into Crusade already with the stance of not playing ball with TNT and being arrogant. That seems to be something you're reading into it, but I can't how you've joined the dots. If there is some piece of information (not opinion) that I'm missing I'd like to know what it is.

Do you think TNT were right in the way they acted and with the changes that they wanted?
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote