View Single Post
Old August 6th 16, 10:19   #58
JonFrain
Commander

Re: Has There Been Any News Re. The New B5 ~2016+~ Theatrical Movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFrain View Post
I just pointed out the holes in Joe's theory and he didn't like it apparently based on his response saying I was stuck in my own theory. The actual reason for WB stopping with licensing is interesting to speculate on.
I have no idea what you're talking about anymore. Whatever holes you perceive, I guess you'll have to declare yourself a winner. Me, I'm still scratching my head over asking for 'evidence' of some sort.
Joe said:

"My understanding is that it is related to WB having many different competing branches. B5 was part of the PTEN branch and the show was produced independently of the WB studio (by Joe & Doug's studio); there is probably no branch in WB left to support it."

Which to me doesn't make sense as PTEN wasn't an issue for all of the merchandising and spinoffs that occurred after they were out of the picture starting with season 5. I simply asked for any evidence of his theory as there was direct evidence against it.

Anyway it's over. Nobody but WB has the actual reasons why they stopped licensing after the RPG went under. I simply made placed a couple of theories that weren't directly contradicted by the past.
JonFrain is offline   Reply With Quote