View Single Post
Old August 1st 16, 18:24   #49
Springer
Ambassador

Re: Is it time to give season 5 another chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD80 View Post
Quote:
We don't see Lochley learning that maybe working with Bester isn't such a good idea after all.
This is the one part I think would have played very differently with Ivanova; her having to call in Bester after all that happened in the previous four seasons would have been some powerful emotional scenes.
And Ivanova was meant to be the character that fell in love with Byron. Yeah, that would have been a great storyline if it had happened that way.

I wonder if JMS was ever tempted to give Lochley and Byron a history together?

Edit: I'll have a ponder about what you say about the characters not needing to take stock and consider their role during the aftermath of the events. My instinct is to say I disagree but we're entering realms of narrative structure – in a strong narrative, is it ok to not show things like this? What would be the pros and cons of writing it that way be? As a writer I'm interested in narrative structure so I'll think about it – perhaps it's placing trust in the viewer to know the characters well enough to know that yes, of course they would have regrets.

Last edited by Springer; August 1st 16 at 19:13.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote