View Single Post
Old August 1st 16, 12:44   #42
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Is it time to give season 5 another chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
I’m a little confused about the legalities of who can claim jurisdiction over the rogue telepaths. They committed their crimes on Alliance territory (B5) against Alliance members, the ambassadors of alien governments. Shouldn’t the ambassadors be demanding their extradition, like they did for Deathwalker? Surely they wouldn’t want those telepaths, with whatever sensitive information they essentially stole from the ambassadors, going back to Earth where they could conceivably give that information to EarthGov, to potentially be used against the League worlds?
In addition to what JoeD80 has said, the telepaths did commit crimes on the station but they first committed crimes in Earth territory by going rogue. By ISA rules, that would make it an Earth internal affair.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote