View Single Post
Old July 29th 16, 06:32   #40
JonFrain
Commander

Re: Has There Been Any News Re. The New B5 ~2016+~ Theatrical Movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFrain View Post
WB is really strange regarding B5 and I have a hard time understanding why. Turning down Big Finish makes little sense unless they want to bury the franchise.
My understanding is that it is related to WB having many different competing branches. B5 was part of the PTEN branch and the show was produced independently of the WB studio (by Joe & Doug's studio); there is probably no branch in WB left to support it.
PTEN dissolved before season 5 was even filmed. There was quite a bit of merchandising after that occurred, as well as spinoffs. I'd have to see something concrete to believe your premise. Things dried up after JMS stopped playing ball with them. They know that as long as he's alive, fans won't accept anything he doesn't approve of and it's already a niche product as it is.

Would JMS even work with Big Finish? Would Big Finish want the property without JMS approval? They do good work but where would JMS make the time to provide outlines and approve scripts? And maybe WB doesn't want to work with JMS anymore.
JonFrain is offline   Reply With Quote