View Single Post
Old July 26th 16, 13:04   #30
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Has There Been Any News Re. The New B5 ~2016+~ Theatrical Movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Is this why there's never any new merchandise? Every year at SDCC there are all kinds of models, action figures and collectibles from all manner of older or obscure SF shows that still have a fanbase, but never anything from B5. I could never figure out whether it's because people have just forgotten about the show or whether JMS or Warners were somehow an obstacle to it.
The last thing that I'm aware of that had a license for anything B5-related was Mongoose with the RPG and proposed novels. After the novels fell though, Mongoose eventually dropped the license because it just wasn't cost effective. WB not only requires a large fee, they expect a part of the proceeds, too. For anything but a large company, it's just not worthwhile for a show that's been off the air for 15+ years.

What's majorly disappointing to me, though, is that I've been told by trustworthy sources that Big Finish, the folks who've done some wonderful audio dramas (especially Doctor Who) have asked about a license and were told none were available. It's as though WB just wants the show to disappear.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote