View Single Post
Old July 24th 16, 15:00   #20
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Has There Been Any News Re. The New B5 ~2016+~ Theatrical Movie?

Here are the headlines from JMS' spotlight panel at SDCC. As far as the movie goes, the short answer is 'not yet' as JMS is still working up the 'street cred' of his studio in order to attract investors that will put up the hundred million or so needed.
Quote:
Report on JMS' Spotlight panel at San Diego Comic-Con today:

Headlines:
- JMS had cataracts and Fuchs Corneal Dystrophy for several years but after successful surgery, now has better vision than ever

- There's an upcoming project involving three names: Bradbury, Gaiman and JMS.

- Midnight Nation will be becoming a TV series.

- Rising Stars has been optioned for a feature film.

- While there are still things to be finished up, JMS is leaving comics behind in order to concentrate on novels and plays along with TV and feature films.

- Re: The B5 movie, JMS is working on building his 'street cred' in order to be able to approach investors for over a hundred million dollars. He thinks after another TV show or two and a couple more feature films, he should have achieved that credibility for Studio JMS.

For the longer report, check out the post on the JMSnews forums:

http://jmsnews.com/forums/showpost.p...8&postcount=46
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote