View Single Post
Old July 12th 16, 18:08   #26
JoeD80
Commander

Re: Is it time to give season 5 another chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
it's got to happen in a realistic way where it creeps up on him until one day he looks in the mirror and thinks, 'what happened to me? How did I become this person?' There's no angst, no tortured decision making, no slippery slope where he's forced to take certain dubious actions because he feels he has no choice.
I don't think a character needs to acknowledge his own flaw for it to exist. A lot of people never notice what they do wrong. This gets played out in more subtle ways with the way Lyta feels she is being treated; there is a scene later in the season with Franklin that exemplifies this. If Sheridan had taken a different approach from the beginning Lyta wouldn't have been as willing to accept Byron's message in the first place and the telepath situation wouldn't go the way it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
It's the same for Garibaldi and the others. They are decent people at heart so to see them casually make these choices doesn't seem true to who they are.
For Garibaldi I don't see him as a character that would have a problem with using somebody if it gets him what he wants.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote