View Single Post
Old June 14th 16, 15:23   #13
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Is it time to give season 5 another chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
I agree, and I like the characters making grey decisions, they are far more interesting that way. I do think there is a difference between grey decisions that might affect individuals, and grey decisions from people in a position of power that could affect billions. But my main criticism is that there is no acknowledgement that they are grey decisions. We don't see the characters weighing up these decisions, and indeed I feel they're making decisions that feel out of character.
Given how early it was in the season, JMS may have still been trending toward the idea of having the Alliance becoming - or verging on - tyranical. It's clear throughout the season that this is on the job training for Sheridan.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote