View Single Post
Old June 14th 16, 15:33   #12
Springer
Ambassador

Re: Is it time to give season 5 another chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi Cop View Post
The problem with the telepath storyline in Season 5 is that I can think of no reason why the telepaths cannot have a homeworld. The universe is a big place there must be a planet/habitable moon somewhere...
Because actual habitable planets belong to somebody. And they're valuable real estate. One doesn't simply give them away to a small splinter group.

As for our characters making 'grey' decisions - they've been doing that since season one but it seemed okay because there were supposedly good reasons for it. Lyta's illegal scan of the Centauri telepath in 'Passing through Gethsemane' comes to mind.

Jan
I agree, and I like the characters making grey decisions, they are far more interesting that way. I do think there is a difference between grey decisions that might affect individuals, and grey decisions from people in a position of power that could affect billions. But my main criticism is that there is no acknowledgement that they are grey decisions. We don't see the characters weighing up these decisions, and indeed I feel they're making decisions that feel out of character.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote