Thread: Cyclops cruiser
View Single Post
Old May 18th 16, 23:53   #5
Raw Shark
Commander

Re: Cyclops cruiser

I never got into the miniatures, although I bought a few from Agents of Gaming as they were collapsing. I doubt there is a Cyclops miniature. The later books, like the trilogies, are considered more canon than the earlier ones, but not 100%, otherwise JMS might have found himself painted into a corner by someone else's writing at some point. 'Nautilus Coil' was written by J. Gregory Keyes, who also wrote the Psi Corps novel trilogy, so I think it's also more canon than not. And it's clearly meant as a bit of set-up for whatever was going to be revealed in Crusade, and maybe a Telepath War film. The story takes place maybe a few months into the Telepath War, which has a timeline that's pretty tricky to work out. JMS was always pretty careful when introducing new ships to the B5 universe, and this one introduced both the Cyclops and the Toreador, a ship Garibaldi bought from IPX and fitted out with heavier weaponry, probably because he sees a Telepath War raging all around him. He and Lyta travel to Vorlon space in it, and then presumably return home to get shot at some more.

Raw Shark

"There's no place like home!"
Dorothy, The Wizard of Oz
Raw Shark is offline   Reply With Quote