View Single Post
Old August 7th 15, 18:52   #90
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Re: EpDis: The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
>old York
Fair enough. I'm not fully committed to justifying Lyta's bit of clunky exposition, but I've done the best that I can. It's the only explanation that doesn't break down to "because it's a show, and the writer was dumb" =]
I don't know if I'd go that far. They had to stick that information in there somewhere ... I'm sure I couldn't have come up with a better way to do it, either. Not without making that bit of dialog longer ("So, I heard about the previous stations being blown up and that last one disappearing, how do you feel about that?" "Well, I blah blah blah".) It probably just stands out to us because we've watched it a million times.

Quote:
>Sinclair
Well, she was hesitant about the entire show and didn't make it through more than 2 episodes before swearing it off. She didn't like Sinclair, but she didn't like anybody else yet either. I blame Sinclair because he's an easy target and that way there's a small chance of getting her to watch season 2, but that never panned out.
That's too bad. I think I've forced Babylon 5 on everyone I've dated since the late 90s (if they didn't already like it). I've never come across someone who didn't like it, even if no one is QUITE as enthusiastic about it as I am