View Single Post
Old June 7th 15, 18:48   #8
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Has There Been Any News Re. The New B5 ~2016+~ Theatrical Movie?

No real news, but here's what JMS recently said in an interview so apparently the plan is still in place.

Quote:
N: One last question… What can you tell us about the current status of Babylon 5? Will we see more?

JMS: I still maintain the film rights to Babylon 5, although Warners owns the television rights. I would love to do a feature film in the Babylon 5 universe and kind of reboot that for a larger audience, with a proper budget that we never had on the series. So I’m hoping this year to write a B5 screenplay, and then get it financed at a proper level and then do it in 2016 and reboot the franchise. It couldn’t be a continuation because we’ve lost several actors and not enough folks saw the original. It would be a reboot.
http://nerdist.com/exclusive-j-micha...series-sense8/

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote