View Single Post
Old May 4th 15, 00:30   #15
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: EpDis: The Ragged Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears View Post
I
I don't mean to be overly nitpick-ey, but I have some serious questions about Franklin's job offer. I can't be sure, but it looks as though he didn't interview for that position, it was just .. offered to him by the person currently occupying it. Obviously 23rd century Babylon 5 universe Earth isn't anything like 21st century real world Earth, but that seems like a really weird way to run a high level organization. I feel like they should at least pretend to interview a bunch of people and THEN offer the job to the person they wanted all along
Maybe they did - it was back on Earth, after all. Any interview with Franklin would have been via BabCom. And the person leaving is Dr. Kyle, who'd been Franklin's predecessor on the Station. I'm sure his recommendation meant a lot. When it comes to Xenobiology, it would be hard to find anybody more qualified than Franklin, that's for sure. Plus we know from when Franklin arrived in "Soul Hunter" that he was already acquainted with Kyle. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd consulted with each other from time to time.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote