View Single Post
Old May 3rd 15, 04:36   #50
Mororless
Ranger

Re: EpDis: Day Of The Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears View Post
[I'm not sure if I would agree that Ivanova's reaction is "extreme". That whole situation is sort of "extreme" so I don't know what a "normal" reaction would be ... I do agree that we get some resolution with her character, but not for Lennier. I would have loved to have seen more of him, but you can't resolve every chararcter's storyline, I suppose.
For Ivanova I would say the emotional breakdown in the short term was extreme but really I ment the whole situation including the self judgement and leaving B5. The latter was forced on JMS but I'm guessing it was considered a potential trap door and it works partly for that reason IMHO.

I'm unsure what JMS's plan was for Lennier in following spin offs originally but whilst coming to terms with your mistakes was a big theme on B5 it seemed generally that the "mistakes" tended to fit into the other characters. That is they were proportional to the morals of those characters and with Lennier I don't think you needed to go this far to setup a similar situation. I would say as well that by having the "mistakes" fit into the characters personality/history they tended to carry more weight since they were much more of a judgement on them and a catalyst for change.

Last edited by Mororless; May 3rd 15 at 04:45.
Mororless is offline   Reply With Quote