Ranger

Re: EpDis: Between The Darkness And The Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
But thank God for the arrogance or whatever it was on Earthgov's part that made it fairly easy to spring him.
They didn't think Garibaldi was much of a security risk since he's the one who turned Sheridan in.
Yeah, but I meant the fact that he was not under heavier security, let alone moved to Earth, to guard against rescue by anyone (such as the Mars resistance). But Galahad had a point that PsiCorps had a (secret) stronghold at Syria Planum (not sure if that's where his holding facility was) on Mars, so that may be why they had him there. But Garibaldi did suspect (or had heard) that they would move him to Earth soon, where a rescue would be all but impossible--which sort of supports my point that Earth would be a more secure place to hold their most prized prisoner.
I always got the sense that the reason he was kept on Mars was because it allowed Clark or the Corp to keep a much tighter lid on things. On earth you could argue there would be a strong possibility the military would want to get involved or elements of the justice system Clark didn't fully control. If that happened the degree of torture/brain washing Clark was using would not have been possible plus Sheridan might get the chance to state his case to others who might be turned to his cause.

The Ivanova scenes are I think interesting in that in light of what happens afterwards there not entirely positive. She doesn't really have a "political" fall the way G'Kar and Londo do due to her dwelling on hate of the enemy but I think it follows Lorien's "its easy to find something worth dying for, do you have anything worth living for?" in how it reflects on the way she treats Marcus who is clearly somewhat alarmed at her.

Last edited by Mororless; March 8th 15 at 10:20.
Mororless is offline   Reply With Quote