View Single Post
Old February 26th 15, 18:07   #14
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: EpDis: Conflicts Of Interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears View Post
I do like the Zathras character(s), so I'm pleased he shows up again. One of them shows up again. Something like that While watching this tonight, perhaps for the first time I thought maybe that scene of him and Ivanova talking goes on a little too long, with no real purpose. Other than entertaining the audience, which I suppose is a legitimate purpose for a scene in a TV show.
This is one of the scenes that springs to mind when fans talk about 'condensing' the show to only the arc elements or episodes. I realize that that's popular these days but to me, it's these lighter, character moments that really contribute to making the story great. For example, as good as it was and as much as I liked the characters, the new Battlestar Galactica was too unrelentingly grim and I finally stopped watching it. With B5, even in tense moments somebody might make a quip to lighten things up for just a moment and some scenes exist just to be character moments. I think it enhances our connections to the characters.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote