View Single Post
Old February 8th 15, 00:07   #16
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Re: EpDis: Ceremonies Of Light And Dark

I quite like this one. It is indeed a bit of a breather episode after Severed Dreams, but there's still a whole lot of stuff going on in this. There's some elements I'm not entirely crazy about, but overall, I'm quite fond of this episode.

Of course the remained of Night Watch would be plotting at this time! This band of thugs is a bit cartoonish again .. mostly the random dudes in the background who just sort of stand there ... Boggs is a bit of a caricature, but that second guy is SUPER creepy and entirely believable as the "real psycho" Garibaldi describes him as. His talk of the war, and that creepy song. Pretty messed up.

I'm not crazy about the artificial personality plot.

The Centauri plot, on the other hand, is pretty great.

The funeral early on in the episode is quite moving, as is the rebirth ceremony at the end. That last one has always been one of my favorite bits. And it leads to the new uniforms, which is pretty exciting.

I like all the character development going on here ... Marcus gets a lot of time and dialog in that respect. The interaction between him and Lennier is pretty interesting here. That's the first time we've seen Lennier sort of aggressive. Also the first time Lennier brings up his love for Delenn, of course. "A more noble, pure, perfect love". Sure, Lennier. Although, I have to say, I think when I first watched this, I actually believed him. We've never seen him be anything other than devoted and loyal. The weird stuff comes later.
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote