View Single Post
Old February 4th 15, 04:20   #33
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Re: EpDis: Convictions

I just finished watching this episode. It's a decent "monster of the week" episode. I'm not too keen on the scenes with the bomber, but there is a lot of other stuff to like.

The lighting and colors in this are very interesting. In general, the third season looks darker, with more intense colors than seasons 1 and 2. I like it.

Londo and G'Kar bits are great, of course. Also Londo's scenes with Lennier.

I really like the Brother Theo character.

As for Lennier, the "Netter's syndrome" conversation is funny because it's a situation we can imagine all too well .. But I am slightly uncomfortable with Lennier lying for no good reason. Perhaps not AS out of character as certain actions that take place at the end of the 5th season, but I'll get to that when I get to that Still, this seems like an unlikely scenario, after how they make such a big deal out of "Minbari do not lie" and Lennier being ever obedient.

Garibaldi is very insensitive to the Drazi when they correct him on Droshalla's name. "Yea, whatever" doesn't seem like an appropriate thing for a head of security to say to a visitor in a conversation like that. Not that it's out of character, but you'd think that someone in his position would have to go through some training on how to deal with aliens. I'd be filing a complaint if I were a Drazi pilgrim and got spoken to in that way by the head of security

At one point, before the bomb that gets Londo stuck in the elevator with G'Kar, Dr. Franklin mentions they're up to 7 dead. We learn later that two Centauri were killed, two Narn were killed, and an unknown number of Minbari greater than 1 (while in medlab, Delenn gets word that relatives of some of the Minbari killed have arrived .. I think it said "some of"). Didn't we see several humans in the first blast? A minor nitpick, to be sure.

Hmm, I thought I wanted to say something else, but I can't think of it just now ...
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote