View Single Post
Old February 2nd 15, 13:56   #5
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Re: Watching Babylon 5 in 2015

Thanks for the welcome! I always get kind of obsessed when I'm watching B5 (and sometimes when I'm not watching, but just thinking about it ) and I REALLY wanted to talk about it with someone .. I have plenty of friends who also really like B5, but none near me or available for discussion ... So I came here. I'm very much enjoying my stay, so far!

I have just started the third season, so maybe I'll catch up with you soon!

I think you are exactly right about the show reimagining 20th century earth in space. I've always liked that.

There definitely are special effect shots that still look completely fine to me! The wide shots of the station exterior look "real" to me, as do most of the spaceship scenes. Closeups of B5's defense system look a bit more like computer graphics. Those blue screen scenes are the most problematic. The people in the foreground all look a bit blurry around the edges. There is one scene in which the blue Earthforce uniforms look green. But, as I said before, I don't care so much about that stuff. I don't just love B5 in a nostalgic sort of way, I'm sure I would still love it if I watched it for the first time now.
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote