View Single Post
Old February 2nd 15, 00:45   #55
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Re: EpDis: The Fall Of Night

This is a fantastic season-ending episode. There's so much good stuff in it.

The Kosh reveal is the big one, I suppose. I still get excited about it every time. It's most exciting when I'm watching with someone new to B5, but even just by myself, it's a good time Ten years after this thread's discussion of whether Sheridan's hair moved, wind speed, and whether that scene looked wrong .. I don't have much to add, other than that in 2015 it most certainly does look wrong. Unless perhaps Kosh is using some telekinetic power to hold Sheridan up, instead of physically holding him by the arms ...

I love the Frederick Lantz visit! He's so kindly and grandfatherly and everyone believes things are going to go well, and then he does the opposite of what everyone expects! "We will at last know peace in our time!" A nice example of doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, and perfectly realistic. Nothing is ever simply black and white in Babylon 5, and that's why it's great.

Welles and the nightwatch are great, too (why does he look so familiar??? Oh, right, Neroon). They are getting less subtle, and more creepy.

Keffer and the Shadow ship .. Very creepy and ominous. A great ending for the episode. I have a minor quibble with it, in that Keffer ejected the recording before the Shadow ship fired at him, yet the shooting part is included in the video. Maybe it was still recording as it was ejected, and only stopped when the connection between it and the starfury was broken when it exploded?
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote