View Single Post
Old August 25th 14, 20:01   #37
butlerd

Re: How would you reboot B5?

I honestly don't know. I really can't think of anything that could have been done better in the original series other than the SFX, which IMHO weren't the most important part of the original series. While I would love to see more B5 and would love to see it on the big screen with even cooler modern day SFX, I'd prefer it to be a continuation of the original series rather than a reboot. I mean, how can one improve on an already basically perfect show? And there are still plenty of unexplored areas of the series such as the Telepath War and Drakh War that don't exist on screen. While one or two roles might need to be recast (i.e. Dr. Franklin, G'Kar), it could still be done and the age of the key actors/actresses shouldn't matter a whole lot since both events happen in the near-to-far future of the series. The obvious problem, however, is drawing in enough new viewers and maintaining the fans. As somebody else suggested, rebooting Crusade wouldn't be such a bad idea since it barely got started. It's one thing to take a failed TV show like Battlestar Galactica and reboot it decades later and make it a success. I don't know how you can take what was a relatively successful show that had five seasons and several TV movies and add anything more to it other than telling more related stories. *shrug*

I don't know how JMS plans to reboot B5 into a movie-length feature film.