View Single Post
Old August 2nd 14, 14:13   #6
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Re: How would you reboot B5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger phil View Post
I would love Joe to reboot B5 based on his original concept. (well i seem to remember sinclair was due to make it through the series and travel back in time to become valen, although i could be wrong).
Politely, you're wrong. The whole "Valen" arc was introduced as a way to write O'Hare out of the series. It was not part of the original draft. I have a pretty detailed outline for the original concept of B5, if you'd like me to link you to it.

The "Dark" angle is interesting. I don't think it's the way I'd go, but it's got potential. I think that's the sort of thing that might be sort of "Naughty" for today's audience, though. If it had happened during the BSG/SGU era, that totally would have been a hit. Nowadays? People seem to like it sunny with occasional scattered clouds of "Oh my God!" (See: Doctor Who.)

Also - and this has nothing to do with you, and please don't think of this as a criticism in any way, 'cuz it's not intended as one - it's worth noting that we are in the middle of the longest stretch without a space-based TV show since the early 1980s. We've gone three years without one now.

Kevin Long
(The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0, And The World's Greatest Living Thurl Ravenscroft Impersonator)
http://www.kevin-long.com
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote