Thread: Telepath War
View Single Post
Old March 18th 14, 13:27   #22
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Telepath War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
Hadn't heard that one, but it works. A bit odd that she wouldn't do it for old times sake, but, hey, everyone makes bum decisions.
I don't know all the ins and outs of it but as a professional actor, my understanding is that if you work for less than you have before, that effectively lowers your 'quote' or the amount you can ask for. Unless you're very well established, I hear it's a bad idea to work for less, regardless of sentiment. There's a lot of detail about that sort of thing in Pat's memoir.

Quote:
Of course it did. We seldom had the entire cast on the show at the same time ever. There was more of that in S5, though. But aren't principle cast actors salaried? I mean, don't they get paid whether they're in an episode or not?
Yes and no. They're usually contracted for X number of episodes per season and that amount is pro-rated into a salary. If they don't work X number of episodes, they still get paid for them. But not all actors in the opening credits (a good measure of principal actors) are even contracted for a guaranteed number of episodes. I recall JMS saying that for the first two seasons Andreas and Peter weren't given guarantees.

Quote:
Jan, you've got to calm down. I asked a question in a humorous fashion, that's all. I asked because I don't know. That's why people ask questions: Because they don't know. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I'm happy you know more than I do. That's why I asked the question: So I could know more than I did. And now I do. So thank you, and please calm down.
Apologies. I'm obviously not used to your style of asking questions. "Also, I'm not buying for a minute that the original plan called for him to die in the Telepatth War" seemed more of a declaration.

Quote:
He couldn't. She'd already filmed "Sleeping in Light."
Sure he could. He didn't lock the episode and turn it in until the fifth season. He was even asked about changing Lochley for Ivanova but said he'd decided to leave it since it was the way he'd always envisioned it. He also didn't kill her off in the short story starring Ivanova written after the show ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
Why was he fired?
I really don't recall. There may be more info in the Andy Lane book but I despised that second one and don't have it any longer.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote