Thread: Michael O'Hare
View Single Post
Old February 26th 14, 23:25   #24
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Re: Michael O'Hare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Sadly, I did see a couple of episodes of Celebrity Rehab with Jeff on it and I came away with an abiding disgust for 'Dr. Drew' who capitalizes on people's pain. Yes, Jeff was portrayed poorly and behaved badly. But since I never met him, I prefer to think of him as JMS drew him in his tribute to the departed cast members - as a man who rebuilt his career after drugs had destroyed it once before with courage and no resentment.

Jan
I'm torn: Is Drew Pinsky a good guy who has been corrupted by celebrity and easy money, or is the always-corrupt son of an unsuccessful actress that realized getting a degree could grant him celebrity and easy money?

Because I used to like him when he first hit the public eye, and he seemed helpful, but now I'm kind of ashamed to admit I ever felt like that. Because every time I see him, he's just kind of low-key despicable.

Poor Jeff. He was getting used by a lot of people at the end there, and I wonder if he knew it or not. Was he allowing himself to be used because at least he'd get some help/money that way, or was he too far gone to even realize what was being done to him? Poor guy.

Kevin Long
(The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0, And The World's Greatest Living Thurl Ravenscroft Impersonator)
http://www.kevin-long.com
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote