View Single Post
Old December 3rd 12, 17:46   #93
Demonn
First One

Re: The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
What's wrong with showing his wizard's staff? In the LotR movies, Gandalf had one. They made so many little but pointless changes. Is there something wrong with keeping things faithful to the books? Being faithful to the books would have BUILT audience. People would have talked it up instead of pointing out everything that was wrong and/or different.
I liked the hockey stick when I first started watching the show... but then I started reading the books & found out it should have been an actual staff. Now I understand that it's weird to walk around in modern times with a wizard staff... but Harry does that in the books. If you think about it it's just as weird walking around with a hockey stick when you don't even play hockey.

Quote:
Caution: Say that between Thanksgiving and Christmas and drumstick has a whole 'nother meaning.

No, he never used it. It got destroyed by one of the baddies, burnt to ashes in seconds. The hockey stick got used as a sort of blasting rod, though we never saw him cause a fire with it. We also never saw the pentacle used.
I remember thinking how cool it was when he used his shield bracelet in that one episode. Then I read the books and I'm like... how could they make it look that tacky?

Harry never even got to use fire magic in the show and that's his thing. How many buildings has the guy accidentally burned down while using fire? A lot. Then in the show... not even one... "FUEGO!"

Quote:
The only problem I had with Paul as Harry Dresden is when Paul let his brit. accent slip through.
Never noticed it...
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote