View Single Post
Old November 29th 12, 18:01   #87
Demonn
First One

Re: The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Did you get your copy yet? Mine is on the way (ordered on 11/16).
Well, first off... I strategically located myself next to a Barnes & Nobles for Thanksgiving. Then I overstayed my welcome & waited until Tuesday to come home. So of course it had to snow that morning. But yeah, they opened up at 9 & I got in there a little after that... got home & cracked the book open at like 10ish.

I probably could have finished it the same day but I managed to put the book down later in the evening. I was gonna just read a chapter or two today but it sucked me in again & I finished it off this morning.

I have to say... I think it's the best book yet. I won't give out any spoilers but a lot of unanswered questions are finally answered. How often does that happen, right? You find out what's up with Demonreach. You find out more about the Winter & Summer courts... lots of stuff answered, new questions added though.

At first I wasn’t a fan of the twist ending... but after a couple hours it sunk in & grew on me. My problem was I thought it was gonna go one way and then was unhappy when it didn't go that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
BTW, I just rewatched "The Dresden Files" in the Production Order, which is much better than Sci-Fi's order. I wish it had continued, even if it wasn't exactly faithful to the books. However, S1E12 "Second City" was a good ending, for what we got.
I hope they do movies some day... Harry Potter's got nothin' on Dresden..

Last edited by Demonn; November 29th 12 at 18:16.
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote