View Single Post
Old August 6th 12, 12:10   #4
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad
Re: Steve Burg - Some early design work on Prometheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheNarn View Post
I did like it and it opens some questions to be answered in the following movies but yeah it could have been done a bit better... I mean, 1st contact with "engineers" and what happens? It trys to kill the humans like some fiendish horror movie monster lol that was pretty dumb
I've read some pretty intense theorising about the film. Most seem to agree that the central premise of the film is the statement "A king has his reign and dies."

The engineer woke up in a disorientated fashion. He was already being sent on a mission to drop those weapons on Earth 2,000 years ago (a producer has said that time stamp is relevant and may be explored in the sequel). His culture appears to be one of sacrifice. One of his species willingly ingested the liquid that breaks down his DNA and recombines it forming life on Earth. He wakes up and silently regards the visitors... he then sees a man who is resisting the natural order of life and death who is seeking immortality, a robot that looks like a human but that is immortal (barring injury), and an act of violence being acted out between two other humans. In some ways it is not surprising he kicked off like he did.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote