Old May 13th 12, 12:31   #72
Alioth
Commander

Re: EpDis: Passing Through Gethsemane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
Speaking of which, would anyone know anything else that he might be in that might be pretty good? (Dune and LotR I am familiar with.)
Check out Wise Blood, directed by John Huston. Great film, he's the star. It came out on DVD about a year ago, or so.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080140/
Also saw him recently in Guyana Tragedy (a movie about Jim Jones and the mass suicide of the People's Temple congregants in Guyana)--he was a troubled junkie but very meek boy who ended up converting, cleaning up, and going to med school with Jones' support, and ended up being the guy who drugged some of Jones' followers into submission and later mixed up the Koolaid. He's certainly one who is typecast, isn't he. Seeing him in anything, you just know there's going to be some twisted or dark aspect of that character that will surface, even if it's not shown initially. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the only exception I know (yeah he's in an insane asylum, but in that case didn't really belong there, and was a tragic victim of that system and an abusive mother).

I vaguely remember Wise Blood, but when I last saw it on some movie channel I was in my early teens I think and found the story hard to grasp. There was definitely a weirdness about him though, that much I remember. I might have to catch it again now that I'm much older and could probably appreciate it more.

Last edited by Alioth; May 13th 12 at 12:35.
Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote