Thread: SyFy sucks
View Single Post
Old May 1st 12, 14:53   #2
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: SyFy sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencor View Post
With the bonehead idea of canceling Eureka, the SyFy channel as far as I am concerned has nothing to do with science fiction anymore. Sadly, the best shows left on this horrible channel are the late night reruns of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. Like Babylon 5 I never get tired of watching the two Stargate series.

I honestly believe it will be a long long time before we see a good scifi show on tv. And we will never see a science fiction series that takes place among the stars again, simply because of cost involved in producing such a series. And don't get me started on those horrible saturday night movies the SyFy channel seems to be so proud of. Thoughts anyone on the future of Science Fiction on tv ?

dennis
Actually, there is a Robert Hewitt Wolfe Space Opera Pilot that has been greenlighted. Here's a blurb about it from another post on another board:

Defender - My favorite by a parsec! RHW is enough to sell me, but I also love the Starfleetish setup and the exploration of "transhuman" characters (cyborg, genetically altered or both?) Presumably this will work out much better than Andromeda now that he doesn't have to deal with the schlockmeisters at Tribune.

Wether they pick it up for Series, remains to be seen.

There's also a Rockne S. Obannon show that's being looked at for Pilot
Defiance – 2013 – Defiance is in collaboration with Trion Worlds, with the Syfy series and Trion’s multi-platform shooter MMO poised to debut simultaneously. The series stars Grant Bowler, Julie Benz, Stephanie Leonidas, Tony Curran, Jaime Murray, Fionnula Flanagan, Mia Kirshner and Oscar-nominee Graham Greene. Set in the near future, Defiance introduces a completely transformed planet Earth, inhabited by the survivors of a universal war. Forced to co-habitate, the disparate group struggles to build a new society among the devastation. The dramatic tapestry of the series and the intense action of the game will exist in a single universe where their respective narratives will inform one another and evolve together into one overall story. Defiance is directed by Scott Stewart (Legion, Priest) and written/executive produced by Rockne O’Bannon (Farscape), Kevin Murphy (Desperate Housewives, Caprica, Hellcats) and Michael Taylor (Battlestar Galactica). Kevin Murphy serves as showrunner. Defiance is produced by Universal Cable Productions

Warehouse 13 and Eureka never really held much interest for me, about all I care about on SyFy is Sanctuary (Still waiting to hear if they will do a Season 5, if so, it will likely be the last) and Merlin's next and possibly last season, I am looking forward to, though that's a ways off too.

The Blood and Chrome Pilot apparently has impressed many, but, they won't be taking it to Series, their cost saving effort of the Green Screen/CGI sets turned into a massive amount of Post Filming FX work, took them at least 8 months for the 2 hour Pilot to be completed after filming was done. If that had gone better, they may have picked it up.

On another channel, I'm looking forward to the return of TNT's Falling Skies in June or July, Season 1 Cliffhanger left great possibilities for where they may go with Season 2

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote