View Single Post
Old April 25th 02, 22:51   #5
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Re: Crusade episode order

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gangster:
<font color=yellow>The rest seem to more-or-less stand alone so any other ep could follow "War Zone."</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
There are definite continuity issues between various episodes. Some are very clear and objective, like whether the protective nano-virus is used before it is invented. Some are somewhat more subjective, like character and relationship growth seeming to work in sinusoidal pattern.

The thing is the first eps filmed (grey uniforms) were meant at the time to come at the beginning. However, after they changed to the black uniforms they knew that those would be aired first so they changed soe of the dialog etc. in them in order to fix some of the continuity problems that this would create. The net result is that you end up with some discontinuities whichever way you show them now. I seem to remember sitting down with a notepad and convincing myself (way back when) that there was no order that was completely devoid of continuity problems,even if you only stick to the objective ones. That may have included some that could possibly rationalized away, like Gideon saying "You once told me ...." before being told (the rationalization being that there was another similar conversation off screen before either of the two were shown on screen).
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote