View Single Post
Old September 5th 11, 10:31   #14
Alioth
Commander

Re: EpDis: The Very Long Night Of Londo Mollari

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Since I rewatched "Comes the Inquisitor" recently, I just noticed this interesting comparison: Delenn is prepared to die for Sheridan, her destiny be damned, "alone in the dark with no one to see." In Season 4 Londo is placed in a similar situation time and time again, and he never does what she is willing to do. Of course, it could be argued that he feels he has a higher responsibility, to all of Centauri Prime... but what then of Delenn's cry, "One life or a billion, it's all the same!"
For the most part, no, he was not willing. But remember when the Vorlon planetkiller came into the Centauri system after Londo had eliminated "everything touched by the Shadows" on the planet, and Vir said "not everything".... Without hesitation, Londo told Vir to kill him then.... and right at that point the planetkiller pulled away. (I know that fleet was ordered right about then to join the other Vorlon ships at Corriana 6, but to me it seemed almost that they somehow knew he'd said that, and that's all it took.) Of course, he was offering his life to save his homeworld and the billions on it, not for one other life, but I think it was his first real recognition of responsibility for what he'd done and that he owed his life to make amends. It was a start.

Last edited by Alioth; September 5th 11 at 10:35.
Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote