View Single Post
Old August 21st 11, 01:20   #4
Bab5nutz
First One

Re: What would you like to see a new B5 project cover?

"The last Shadow War, circa 1000 years before B5. The story of Valen's leadership of the Minbari, G'Quan on Narn during the Shadow residency there, possibly the Centauri-Xon conflict and the first Centauri Emperor (IIRC that was also supposed to be 1000 years prior to B5, probably not by coincidence either), Weirden and the Technomages, etc. If we incorporate humans into this, we'd have to figure out plausible covert doings with them by the First Ones or their proxies (maybe Drak'hul?)--I almost wonder if such a series or miniseries could succeed without the incorporation of any humans in it (excepting, after a fashion, Valen, but...)"

SPOILER ALERT!

There is Catherine Sakai. In "To Dream in the City of Sorrows" - which I understand is pretty much canon - she fell through a time rift or something. It's been a while since I read the book, so I don't entirely remember. The book hinted part of the reason Sinclair took B4 back in time was because he hoped to find Sakai. In "In Valen's Name" Valen appears right at the end and says "I've found her". And then there was that little revelation in "Atonement" when it turns out that Delenn is a descendent of Valen - he married and had kids. Who was Valen's wife I wonder? There were three Triluminaries - did Sakai become a Minbari?
Bab5nutz is offline   Reply With Quote