View Single Post
Old May 30th 11, 21:57   #53
AnlaShokGrey
Ambassador

Re: Game of Thrones, HBO series

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKarsEye View Post
The one character I am really not liking on the show compared to the book is Littlefinger. I can't believe I'm going to complain about girl-on-girl action, but that scene was just clumsy and silly.
HA, just for that hilarious line (you made me literally LOL!), but yeah, I do agree with you. It was one of those super-awkward "I'm giving you exposition now!" scenes that have to be handled really carefully by a really expert actor, otherwise they come off as just plain clunky.

Quote:
On the other hand I am loving Cersei (more than some other viewers- it seems at least on the interwebs that fan reaction is mixed). Just the right mix of wounded viper ice-bitch sad lady thing.
Really? The intertubes are not liking Leana Headey? Surprising! I'm loving her, and think she is letter-perfect in the role.

[QUOTE]Khal Drogo- his rant-vow was absurdly over-the-top but I dug it. His body language reminded me of those Siva Tau and Haka war dances from the Pacific Islands that Simoan athletes incorporate into their pre-match warm-ups and became popular on some football teams, and sure enough I interneted some info and the actor is Simoan and brought that to the table.[QUOTE]

Hrm. I thought Jason Momoa was (native) Hawaiian. Samoan?

Quote:
I'm not 100% clear on Daenyrys' bodyguard/knight whatever he is. He was scheming with the eunich, then was pardoned, then saved her life. A change of mind? Was he going to actually kill her at first? Is this different than the book?
That's Ser Jorah Mormont. His father is the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. I have no idea where they are going with him. I'm at the very end of book two as of this moment, and I don't recognize that pardon from anywhere in two books yet. I'm waiting to see where they go with this. I'm actually *doubly* anxious about the next episode because I saw the current episode last week, as a special deal on HBO's mobile app, so I feel like I've been waiting *forever* to talk about this one, and that it's a looooong break between new episodes. I almost wish they hadn't done that, even though I got two full new hours last week! :-D
AnlaShokGrey is offline   Reply With Quote