View Single Post
Old May 10th 11, 15:58   #43
GKarsEye
First One

Re: Game of Thrones, HBO series

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Most recent one was pretty heavy on exposition -- and the best one yet. Plot's kicking into gear.
Funny- I would describe it as "Most recent one was pretty heavy on exposition -- and the worst one yet." Because, spoken exposition is rough to sit through. Blah blah, there was this war, blah blah, there was another war, blah blah. I know it has to happen but this episode felt like eating the vegetables because you have to before you can enjoy the steak.

And on top of all that they made a point to bring in the Grejoy backstory way more than in the book. I wonder if that's gonna result in moving some of the events in the later books up a little earlier.

Then that weird awkward bathtub sex/more exposition scene. I am not enjoying the sex stuff at all in this show, it's really clumsy and childish.

John Snow stuff was good- he's my favorite character in the book and on the show. And you finally got some Ghost!
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote