View Single Post
Old April 30th 11, 12:56   #64
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: EpDis: The Legend of the Rangers

Why take what Kafta said at face value? What's he supposed to say, "Yeah, the Hand...they're really not so hot...and really not very bright. But my planet is so wimpy we just folded."? He's their lackey and has to do what he can to make the Rangers fear them-it's his job.

And why assume that the Hand are First Ones? A race can be old but not reach FO status, judging from what JMS has said in the past. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that we never heard of even a small percentage of the races that exist in the B5 universe. As (I think) Uhura once said, "It's a big galaxy, Mr. Scott".

Rangers definitely had its flaws but I really liked the characters and the chemistry that the crew had, even on the first show.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote