View Single Post
Old April 26th 11, 18:28   #30
GKarsEye
First One

Re: Game of Thrones, HBO series

I think the Ghost thing is way too nitpicky. There are a lot of wolves, each that need some screen time to reflect their personality in relation to their owners, and two of them have to get gone by end of the 2nd episode.

Ghost will almost definitely get screen time during Jon's time at the Wall, which- and I'm totally guessing here- will probably get shoe-horned into just one episode.

My nitpick is pretty much the entire Dhaenerys/Drago thing. It all just looks... silly. I mean it's all silly 'cause it's fantasy, but this dragon-girl amongst the Mongols bit is simply not translating well on the screen for me. I think a lot of it has to do with the sexual element, which played corny while reading it and that aspect of it is magnified when visualized (and mangled).

At least the girl is really pretty though, so there's that.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote