View Single Post
Old April 17th 11, 23:32   #16
GKarsEye
First One

Re: Game of Thrones, HBO series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluveal View Post
GKE, I think that's great you gave it another shot. I remember quitting the first time in the middle of the prologue. I don't know why, but I did.

Then I started again, got past the prologue and into that first (Bran's) POV and that's all she wrote.

Who are your favorite characters so far? Both you and Admiral?
As of right now I'm already into the 300s. A stormy Saturday and spending most of a a windy Sunday minding a 10-yr old boy addicted to Assassin's Creed provides ample reading opportunity.

Favorite characters? I guess the potential future super-ninja team of John Snow and that tomboy-ish Stark girl. He's a firebrand warrior type, and she's just started taking some weird superman sword lessons, and they're friends and outliers. I don't know how many years this series is covering but it looks they're being set up to be some Wonder Twins like bad-assery.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote