Old November 9th 10, 07:41   #19
Boredom
Lurker

Re: The races of Babylon 5 based on fictional sci-fi books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Shark View Post
JMS said at some point that the Narns are like the Israelis. They're so traumatized by their past that they have adopted a form of ultra-nationalism, which sometimes blinds them to the consequences of their actions. And their will to resist the Centauri at every turn eventually leads them right back to the Centauri occupation they had worked so hard to escape.
Well that settles it. Having it pointed out to me, I can totally see it now.
Yeah. However, JMS might had Israelis in mind when he designed the N'arn, but with the way the story turned out, I don't think it's Israel. The Israel state never (at least openly) lashed against European. Their troublemaking activities are mostly against their neighboring Middle Eastern countries, and you can say that it's roughly tit for tat attitude for both parties, not to mention that the Arabs are unable to conquer the Israel (yet). Also, the N'arn didn't lash at everyone, they focused their hatred towards Centauri. You can saw some attitude like that by the Poles and Czech towards Germany, or more recently by the Muslims towards Western civilizations.

Last edited by Boredom; November 9th 10 at 07:51.
Boredom is offline   Reply With Quote