View Single Post
Old October 23rd 10, 21:31   #17
Estelyn
Commander

Re: EpDis: Rumors, Bargains and Lies

I admit, Sheridan giggling to himself was rather ridiculous. I did enjoy seeing how he took the truth and let it be misinterpreted to accomplish what needed to be done.

I felt Delenn's distress over the destruction and death that took place on her world. In this situation, one does get the impression that Lennier is closer to her than Sheridan can be.

The plot of this episode, with its twists and turns, was quite suspenseful. The religious caste brings dishonour to itself, even turning on one of its own. Neroon seems to play a positive role - as always, his subtle humour is enjoyable! - but is shown to be serving his own deceitful purposes at the end. How disappointing...

Lennier is the hero of the day. Once more his deep love for Delenn is evidenced in his actions, motivating him to do the right thing for her sake. "In her world, we are better than we are." Knowing what comes in future episodes, I can't help but think ahead to when he will do something harmful out of love for her later. The visual similarities between the scenes are striking.