View Single Post
Old September 16th 10, 02:55   #17
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: EpDis: A Late Delivery From Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn View Post
Some amusing aspects, some good acting, some nice character moments, but not much by way of story arc - this episode is OK, yet not a favourite of mine.

Michael York does very well in his role. I can't help but wonder who was represented by the dream knight who stabbed him in the back?

Marcus has the best lines: "I take great comfort in the hostility and general unfairness of the universe." Also "Better the illusions that exalt us..."

Dr Franklin is again playing God, forcing a healing for which the patient is not yet ready. The fact that it turns out well doesn't justify that decision, imo.

Interesting parallels between the Minbari war and King Arthur's battles...

Delenn as the Lady of the Lake, Kosh as Merlin, etc. - interesting parallels as well.

Oh, and contrary to my previously expressed thoughts, G'Kar does resort to violence again in this episode...
The first time I watched this one on original broadcast, it didn't strike me much. I guess I was too focused on wanting the arc to advance (it was the only offering for a week, afterall, Heh). The second time was better, after that, I actually enjoy the episode now, because of the comparisons to the characters. same with TKO, despite the Ivanova moments, that one took several watchings, before I could appreciate it as a whole, rather than just fast forwarding to the Ivanova moments

G'Kar resorting to violence, nah, no more than the slamming book later in the series.G'Kar was protecting King Arthur as a Knight of the roundtable

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Last edited by Sindatur; September 16th 10 at 02:58.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote