KoshN

Re: Legend of the Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
It's kind of grown on me, you know?
I hear there's medicine for that.

Quote:
I didn't care for it when I first saw it, but a year or two ago, I ended up watching every B5 thing in subjective order, with the movies all plugged in to their correct spaces in the timeline, then Crusade, and ending with "Sleeping in Light." It came after "River of Souls" (Which I didn't like) and before "A Call to Arms" (Which I really did like).

Seeing it that time through made me feel a profound sense that I'd missed something, you know? Not as good as B5,
Well, that goes without saying.

Quote:
of course, perhaps not even as good as Crusade,
Perhaps? PERHAPS?!?!?!!!! Out of 10, I'd rate B5 a 10, Crusade a 9, Rangers a 2, and Lost Tales a 3.5 (first story a 2, second story a 5).

Quote:
but still worth watching.
My mileage varies, A LOT.

The high watermark re. B5 movies was set with "In the Beginning" and "A Call to Arms." The Legend of the Rangers pilot was a huge step down from those. "Voices in the Dark" (terribly hampered by budget) was a slight recovery from the low ebb that was the Legend of the Rangers pilot. IMHO, the Legend of the Rangers pilot was littered with problems and mistakes from beginning to end, and there were only a few bright spots, mostly David/Dulann conversations, Dulann, Na'Feel and Firell. Most of the time when Sarah is onscreen, especially if talking, I find myself cringing.

Were it not for the lunkhead suits at The Sci-Fi Channel and Warner Brothers being the absolute perfect form of lunkheads, we'd have gotten a continuation of Crusade instead of this Legend of the Rangers monstrosity.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; September 4th 10 at 03:36.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote