Thread: New B5 stories
View Single Post
Old June 13th 10, 16:48   #8
KoshN

Re: New B5 stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy955 View Post
slighty off topic but why was Legend of the Rangers never picked up for a series? Was there a reason or was it just one of those things?
The ratings on the east coast were not good enough, due to a football playoff game (New England Patriots vs. somebody, IIRC). It was originally not supposed to be aired against that game, and it did much better on the west coast. IMHO, it was also because the pilot was bad (absolutely horrid in places).

The SciFi Channel wanted a new show (not Crusade, not continuing that story) because Warner Bros. wouldn't sell The Sci-Fi Channel (part of NBC/Universal, a Warner Bros. competitor) part of Crusade. So, the Sci-Fi Channel wanted a new show with a new 20-something cast.

And then we get something of the quality level of a Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie (i.e. a Z-movie, waaaay worse than a B-movie.).
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote