View Single Post
Old May 27th 10, 00:10   #31
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: EpDis: The Geometry Of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn View Post
Another Centauri is introduced who is significant for much of the story in the next seasons - Lord Refa. His obvious scheming is almost as creepy as Morden's polite attitude. He repeats what Londo said to Morden about the Centauris' "rightful place in the galaxy" - why do they perceive themselves in a role which they really never had? Is it a "big frog in a small pond" syndrome?
Once upon a time the Centauri really did dominate -- but it was ages ago, so it would be like the Austro-Hungarians suddenly rising up and saying, "We should rule the Balkans again!" Not exactly a recent claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn View Post
Most annoying detail - the orange blossom that Elric gives Sheridan. Ansara (whom I remember well from Star Trek) acts wonderfully, and I would have liked to see more of him, but of course he speaks the lines given to him by the author. I hope we lose all those orange references soon.
It makes a lot more sense when you realize that Sheridan's been out on long-range patrol, away from fresh food (and basically everything) for two years. He's obsessing because he's been out of contact.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote