Thread: EpDis: Grail
View Single Post
Old May 19th 10, 22:12   #32
Estelyn
Commander

Re: EpDis: Grail

This is one of the very few episodes in which the basic plotline doesn't convince me. I'm sorry, but the Holy Grail has been done so much that I really can't take searching for it in space seriously. (The last truly original treatment of the Grail was by Monty Python...)

Still, there are some good moments in this average (for B5) show. The idea of faking Kosh to hide the feeder is not bad - that encounter suit is an excellent hiding place for someone/thing that doesn't want to be seen. Jinxo brings a bit of interesting past to the foreground with his work on all Babylon stations. And Deuce as crime boss is the kind of character that you could expect in Down Below - again, not something you'd see in Star Trek!

My favourite bits are the two closing lines - Jinxo, firmly yet gently telling Garibaldi "My name is Thomas." is one. What's in a name? In this case, the nickname reflected the negative superstition, and by leaving it behind, he began a new life.

The other is of course Ivanova's wonderful "Boom!" line at the very end - classic Ivanovism! I love it.