View Single Post
Old May 14th 10, 23:37   #4
JoeD80
Commander

Re: Just Finished My 1st Time Through Series And..

Quote:
Originally Posted by benisjamin33 View Post
Also, if G'kar was off discovering himself, why the hell would he go visit Centauri Prime, missing his new eye, just to kill Londo and himself?
He left the station in 2262. His death was in 2278. He didn't take 16 years to discover himself. My guess is his journey with Lyta ended in about 5 years (there was one short story written by Joe about G'Kar and Lyta on their travels). I believe G'Kar had already been on Centauri Prime for four years or so before the death scene in the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaribaldisHair View Post
The original plan (as I understand it) was that Lennier and Lyta would appear in the Crusade episode Patterns of the Soul and would be shown to be involved in the bombing of Psi Corps headquarters,.
This scene was also at one point planned for the Babylon 5 feature film, according to the partial outline revealed in the Movie Scripts book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benisjamin33 View Post
It is just too bad that actors, producers, contracts, big movie corporations, etc. could hold back and limit JMS ability to tell the whole story.
The main story is the five years on the station, and that was told. That's the way Joe wanted to do it. The side stories involving Garibaldi/Bester, Lennier's fate, the occupation of Centauri Prime, etc. are different stories in the same Universe, but they weren't meant to be in the show or anything. Take the Centauri one for example - we can see in Objects at Rest that the Keeper is going to be given to David, and we saw in War Without End that Sheridan & Delenn came to Centauri Prime, likely because of David. The Drakh tells Londo about the fusion bombs around Centauri Prime, and in the flash-forward we see the fires caused by the bombs burning across the planet. The connections are there in the show, even if the details of these side-stories were elsewhere.

Last edited by JoeD80; May 14th 10 at 23:40.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote