View Single Post
Old November 21st 09, 22:09   #12
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Re: EpDis: The Very Long Night Of Londo Mollari

I don't really care for this episode. It doesn't really have a lot of tension because you know Londo's not going to die, and it doesn't move the narative ahead very much (Arguably really only about half of Season 5 does that), and the way Londo acts in this seems rather inconsistent with the way Londo's acted elsewhere in the series. For instance, he makes a big deal of "Never apologizing" but in fact he's apologized quite a few times though the run of the series, and in it's first season or two, he was kind of a toadie much of the time. The visions with Sheridan don't work for me (Mostly because of the beard). The only parts I really like are Gkar-as-Cartagia, and the scene where they mounted a camera on Peter and had him filming himself walking through the Zocalo. The rest: Meh

So here's a question: JMS originally wrote an episode called "The Very Long Night of Susan Ivonova" which he ended up chucking because it turned out to be coincidentally rather similar to an episode of DS9. That was in season 2 or 3. He then wrote "The Very Long Night of Londo Molari," which he's said had no similarity to the long-lost Ivonova script, he just liked the title.

Anyone know anything about "Long night of Susan Ivonova?" Do we know what the plot was, or anything like that?
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote