View Single Post
Old November 11th 09, 18:54   #2
KoshN

Re: Most memorable moments, for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
To me, the show has more great moments than most of other series combined.

What're yours?

There are so very many great moments that it's hard to choose just one.

In no particular order:
  • War Without End - Part 2: Sinclair watching Garibaldi leave Babylon 4. As the ships carrying the Babylon 4 crew and the other Sinclair and Garibaldi leave the station, Sinclair, just leaving the station's core, stands on the outside of the station and activates his communicator, to try to deliver one last message. "Babylon 4 to Garibaldi, Babylon 4 to shuttle one. Garibaldi, do you read me? Watch your back, Michael. Watch your back." and Sinclair, inside the airlock, removes the headpiece from his own space suit. "I tried," he says. "I tried to warn them. But it all happened... just the way I remember it."
  • The War Prayer Londo telling Vir the story about how his shoes are too tight. "'My shoes are too tight,'" says Londo, sadly, in response. "Something my father said. He was old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, 'My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.' I never understood what that meant until now. *My* shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance."
  • In the Beginning: The Earth President asking for volunteers for the Battle of the Line. Also Londo's voice over: "The humans, I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life I have never seen anything like it. They would weep, they would pray, they would say goodbye to their loved ones... and they would throw themselves, without any fear or hesitation, on the very face of Death itself, never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage, their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives, and sticks, and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes, at the end."
  • The Long Twilight Struggle: As G'Kar prays fervently, the Narn ships come out of hyperspace above Gorash 7 and are destroyed in battle. G'Kar, sensing the outcome somehow, grimly ceases his prayer.
  • Severed Dreams: Delenn (on the Whitestar, and with several Minbari cruisers) telling Clark's Earthforce ships to withdraw (from Babylon 5) or be destroyed.
    Delenn: "This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw, .. or be destroyed."
    Earthforce Captain: "Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship."
    Delenn: "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
  • Voices of Authority: Ivanova telling Sheridan: "Good luck, Captain. I think you're about to go where everyone has gone before."
  • The Fall of Centauri Prime: The montage of shots showing Londo's tragic progression from 2258 to 2261, and his walk among fallen statutes and debris to the Centaurum, to be officially named Emperor of the Centauri Republic.
  • Objects at Rest: the salute scene when the Whitestar leaves Babylon 5.
  • Sleeping in Light: all of it.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote