View Single Post
Old August 17th 09, 01:55   #45
KoshN

Re: EpDis: A Call To Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
Industrial and techno music generally strike me as "music without a heart," in fact, I call them 'music for androids.' But, although Chen's music resembles those genres, I found that it did have a soul, or a heart. I found that it DID contribute to the impact of the visuals. It did often strike me as empty, although probably not in the way you mean. Emptiness is the most profound aspect of space. Chen's battle music, to me, conjured images of massive mechanical things entering the vast emptiness of space. Very appropriate.
I just finished watching "A Call to Arms" in order to pay particular attention to the music. I found it to be grim, militaristic and mechanised, and that was fitting. I think that it lent the right tone to the movie. A lot of the music was discordant, but it was supposed to be. The movie didn't have a happy ending.

Overall, I like Chen's Crusade music better, but that was often more hopeful and upbeat, to match the Crusade episodes.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote