Old August 16th 09, 21:43   #44
Jade Jaguar
First One

Re: EpDis: A Call To Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
Chen's music was strange and jarring, and quite a change from Franke. But I liked it quite a bit, even though I don't like "industrial" music, which it resembles. I particularly liked it in the battle scenes.
I found it very out-of-place, but more importantly always very, very empty. It has absolutely no heart of any kind nor does it contribute any sense of feeling. It's more like "Hey, look at me! I'm here too! Making some weird noise and all! Enough with the picture, focus on me!"
Industrial and techno music generally strike me as "music without a heart," in fact, I call them 'music for androids.' But, although Chen's music resembles those genres, I found that it did have a soul, or a heart. I found that it DID contribute to the impact of the visuals. It did often strike me as empty, although probably not in the way you mean. Emptiness is the most profound aspect of space. Chen's battle music, to me, conjured images of massive mechanical things entering the vast emptiness of space. Very appropriate.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote